ALPS is an Approved Partner of the Milwaukee Bar Association
The Milwaukee Bar Association (“MBA”) is proud to announce its newest member benefit, resulting from a partnership with ALPS Lawyers’ Professional Liability Insurance. Understanding the importance of malpractice insurance to lawyers in private practice, both to protect lawyer assets and their clients, the MBA is partnering with ALPS based on its proven customer service, financial stability, quality policy coverage and commitment to educating Milwaukee lawyers to become better practitioners through loss prevention activities.
“ALPS understands bar associations, and, most importantly, will be an excellent service provider to our members for a product almost all attorneys in private practice purchase. This should prove to be an excellent member benefit for MBA members,” added Martis.
ALPS has already begun collaborating with the MBA, providing access to important risk management articles from Risk Manager, Mark Bassingthwaighte for the MBA Messenger magazine. ALPS is also serving as a sponsor for the upcoming MBA Annual Meeting on August 23rd.
Moving forward, ALPS will provide more innovative risk management tools and resources and financial and in-kind support for high-priority bar programs of mutual benefit to ALPS and the Bar. Members can expect to see more of ALPS at upcoming Bar events and programs.
“Milwaukee lawyers are excellent attorneys, and that bond is tethered to MBA’s commitment to foster a culture of professionalism and collegiality within the Milwaukee legal community. A partnership with the MBA makes good sense,” said Chris Newbold, Executive Vice President of ALPS. “Our goal is to provide MBA members a quality product that has the potential to save them time and money, and ALPS is committed to being a strong partner of the MBA as they pursue their important mission,” added Newbold.
In addition to its comprehensive insurance coverage, ALPS assists firms in effectively managing law practice risks. ALPS risk management department actively develops educational resources and seminars accredited in Wisconsin to protect and guide lawyers toward a more successful and risk-free practice. Milwaukee attorneys will have direct access to all facets of ALPS insurance operations, including sales, account management, underwriting, and claims attorneys. Industry-leading coverage features provided by ALPS, but not always available through other carriers, include:
- Defense costs paid in addition to your limit of liability
- Input on selection of mutually acceptable defense representation
- No “Hammer Clause” regarding the appropriateness of a settlement
- First Dollar Defense: Avoid paying deductible costs if no loss payment is made
- Extended Reporting Endorsement available
- 2 deductible maximum per policy year
- First Flight program, which provides tiered, affordable premium pricing for new solo attorneys
- A leading cyber liability protection policy designed specifically for law firms at an affordable cost
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) policy created specifically for law firms
- All claims handled by licensed, experienced attorneys – not claims adjusters
About the Milwaukee Bar Association
With more than 2,000 members, the mission of the Milwaukee Bar Association is to serve the interests of the lawyers, judges and the people of Milwaukee County by working to:
- Promote the professional interests of the local bench and bar;
- Encourage collegiality, public service and professionalism on the part of the lawyers of Southeastern Wisconsin;
- Improve access to justice for those living and working in Milwaukee County;
- Support the courts of Milwaukee County in the administration of justice; and
- Increase public awareness of the crucial role that the law plays in the lives of the people of Milwaukee County.
ALPS is the nation’s largest direct writer of lawyers’ malpractice insurance and is endorsed by more state bars than any other insurance company. Since 1988, ALPS has been the preeminent provider of legal malpractice insurance, with an emphasis on protection, stability, and commitment to the legal community.
Authored by: Laura Churchman
Before succumbing to the seven-year itch of ad agency life, Laura Churchman cut her teeth as a copywriter at Callahan Creek Marketing and Advertising in Lawrence, Kansas and Spiker Communications in Missoula, Montana. Starting in 2007, Laura worked as a Technical Writer at the University of Montana, providing technical support to the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program and the Forest Service Northern Region University. In tandem, she pounded the pavement as a freelance marketing and advertising copywriter. In fact, ALPS was one of her freelance clients before they offered her the opportunity to join their in-house marketing team in 2011. Laura is now using her marketing and writing background to promote ALPS lawyers’ malpractice insurance as well as the company’s risk management service arms for the legal community. Laura graduated from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa with a BA in Journalism in 2000. Laura serves on the Board of Camp Mak-a-Dream, an organization that empowers survivors and their families to live with and beyond cancer through life-changing Montana experiences where they strengthen life skills, gain resilience, and develop lasting relationships. In addition to implementing ALPS growth strategy through marketing, she also enjoys camping, hiking, and overnight rafting adventures on Montana’s pristine rivers. Contact Laura at: email@example.com